Canon PIXMA MP500 Review - Advanced performance doesn't stop there. AE (Auto Exposure) Copy feature automatically optimizes reproduction quality based on the type of original you're duplicating. When scanning photos or graphics, you'll see high quality 1200-dpi reproduction with vibrant 48-bit color depth. Plus, advanced paper handling provides you with several smart options.
The dual paper path allows you to keep photo paper stored in one tray and plain paper in the other so you can print photos or documents without having to switch paper. You can even print 2 sided reports, saving paper. Large 2.5" LCD viewer, direct printing. With the large 2.5" color LCD viewer you can evaluate your images in beautiful color, then enhance them before printing! Just insert your compatible memory card into a built-in card slot and begin viewing. Long-lasting photos with smart individual ink tanks.
The Canon ChromaLife100 system combines the Canon PIXMA MP500 Photo All-In-One's FINE print head technology and newly developed inks with select Canon photo papers, with results rivaling that of many conventional photos. And with the new smart LED ink tanks, your LED lamp flashes when ink is running low, and flashes even faster when nearing empty.
Canon PIXMA MP500 Specifications
- Ink Compatibility: PGI-5 Pigment Black, CLI-8K Black, CLI-8C Cyan, CLI-8M Magenta, CLI-8Y Yellow
- Ink Droplet Size: 1 and 5 picoliters
- Paper Sizes: Letter, Legal, Credit Card (2.13 x 3.39), 4 x 6, 5 x 7, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Output Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder Plain Paper: Approx. 150 Sheets (13mm)4 x 6 Photo Paper: 20 Sheets Cassette: Plain Paper: Approx. 15 Sheets(13mm)4 x 6 Photo Paper: 20 Sheets
- Copy Speed (up to): Black: 29 cpm (approx. 2.1 sec/page), Color: 19 cpm (approx. 3.2 sec/page)
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400%
- Copy Features: Auto Magnification, AE (Auto Exposure), Borderless, 4 on 1, Fading Correction, Duplex, Fit-to-Page, Image Repeat
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS), Max. Resolutions Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanning Mode: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: 8.5 x 11.7
- Direct Connect: Direct Print Port (cable not included)
- Media Card Support: CompactFlash, MicroDrive, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card, and MultiMediaCard.
- The following can be used with a special adapter sold separately: xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick Duo Memory Stick Duo Pro, miniSD card
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows XP/Me/2000/98, Mac OS X version 10.2.4 to 10.4.x
- Standard Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (cable not included), IrDA 1.2 (JPEG only), Bluetooth v1.2 (Optional)
- Software Included: CD-ROM including MP Driver, MP Navigator, Setup Software and User's Guide, Electronic Photo Application Guide, Electronic User's Guide, e-registration, ScanSoft OmniPage SE, ArcSoft PhotoStudio, Easy-PhotoPrint 3.3, and Easy-WebPrint (Windows only)
- Power Source: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Dimension (W x D x H): 17.7 x 16.8 x 8.1
- Weight: 21.1 lbs
Source : Canon USA