Canon PIXMA MX492 Review - Print from more locations than ever with the Canon MX492 thanks to outstanding connectivity options and the ability to place the printer more places than ever with its 30% reduction in size over previous MX Series. With Google Cloud Print and AirPrint, you can print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere around the office. It's loaded with timesaving features, as well, including a fully-integrated automatic document feeder which holds up to 20 sheets. Plus, the optional XL ink cartridges mean you can print longer before having to replace your cartridges.
Another great feature of the Canon PIXMA MX492 is My Image Garden software. My Image Garden puts all your favorite printing features, such as Special Filters and Full HD Movie Print, in one convenient software application. It helps you organize your photos with calendar view and facial recognition.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Features:
Speed & Quality
- High Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
- FINE: Features Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl.
- Genuine Canon Ink: The better choice for reliability, quality, and ease-of-use is Genuine Canon Ink.
- 4 Color Cartridge System: Integrates the FINE print head and ink into one compact unit for easy replacement.
- Borderless Photos: Print a beautiful, borderless "4 x 6" photo in approximately 70 seconds.
- Print Documents and Web Pages Fast Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 8.8 images per minute (ipm) for black and 4.4 images per minute (ipm) for color.
Easy Of Use
- Fully-Integrated, 20-sheet Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time.
- My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Special Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more.
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM: An exclusive service for users of genuine Canon inks, offering access to photos, templates and more.
- Quiet Mode: This considerate feature lets you print anytime without worrying about disturbing those around you.
- Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves it with the suitable settings.
- Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY: Canon PRINT lets you print and scan photos or documents from your mobile device using the free Canon PRINT app.
- AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch no drivers needed!
- Google Cloud Print: Allows users to print from Gmail™ and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.
- Mopria: Easily print from your Mopria enabled Android smartphone - drivers built-in.
- Super G3 Fax: The high-speed business fax standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 19 coded speed dials and memory for up to 50 incoming pages.
- Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 70 seconds4,5
- Print Speed (Approx): Black: ESAT: Approx. 8.8 ipm4,5, Color: ESAT: Approx. 4.4 ipm4,5
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Ink Compatibility: PG-245XL XL Black Ink Cartridge, PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge, CL-246XL XL Color Ink Cartridge, CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Automatic Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets
- ADF: 20 Sheets
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, High-Resolution Paper, Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Glossy, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster, Matte: Matte Photo Paper, Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
- Printer Features: AirPrint, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, Photo Printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing
- Copy Speed (up to): ESAT: Color: 3.6 ipm
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400%
- Copy Features: Auto Document Feeder (ADF), AE (Auto Exposure) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Preset Copy Ratios, Frame Erase Copy, Zoom
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions: 600 x 1200 dpi (Optical), 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated)
- ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode, Network Scan, Push Scan, PDF Password Security, Push Scan, Send to Cloud
- Color Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: Flatbed: 8x5 x 11.7, ADF: 8.5 x 14
- Modem Speed: 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX)
- Transmission Speed (approx.): Black: Approx. 3 sec per page, Color: Approx. 1 min per page
- Memory Capacity: Approx. 50 Pages
- Group Dialing: 19 Locations
- Fax Features: Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception
- Other Features: Full Dot Matrix LCD, Access Point Mode, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Fully Integrated Auto Document Feeder (ADF), Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing10
- OS Compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X v10.7-10.10, Android
- Standard Interface: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Hi-Speed USB
- Dimension (W x D x H): 17.2 (W) x 11.7 (D) x 7.5 (H)
- Weight: 13.0 lbs.
Source : Canon USA