Canon PIXMA MG2220 Review - The Canon PIXMA MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-In-One is great for printing documents and photos thanks to its hybrid ink system. Print gorgeous, borderless photos at home up to "8.5 x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi with the convenience and quality of Canon FINE ink cartridges. You can change the cartridges and add paper all from the front of the printer thanks to FastFront. My Image Garden software puts all of your favorite printing features, such as Fun Filter Effects like Fish Eye and Blur Background, Full HD Movie Print and more all into one convenient software application.
Plus, My Image Garden adds great photo organization convenience with calendar view and facial recognition. With your memories in one place, it is easy to print beautiful, borderless photos to share and enjoy. It's also your creative coach as the software offers creative templates in various color combinations and patterns for your fun photo projects. My Image Garden also gives you access to CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM10 where you can download exclusive creative projects and content. And be sure to look for the Canon "Print Your Days" App on Facebook! You can create fun collages to print and share with your friends and family.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 Features
Speed & Quality
- Terrific Resolution: This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
- High-Performance Ink Cartridges: These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
- Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos, Fast: Print a borderless, "4 x 6" photo in approximately 44 seconds.
- Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 8.4 images per minute (ipm) for black and 4.8 images per minute (ipm) for color.
- ChromaLife100: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and selects genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
Easy to Use
- My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!
- Full HD Movie Print: Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints.
- Fun Filter Effects: Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
- FastFront: A new, convenient way to load your PIXMA printer with genuine Canon FINE ink cartridges and paper so you're ready to print as fast as ever.
- Easy-WebPrint EX: Easily collect and combine multiple web pages to create and print your own layout.
- Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with a correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
- Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original being scanned, then scans and saves with the suitable settings.
- 7 Segment LED: Easily set number of copies and view printer job status.
- Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
- Beautiful & Borderless: Print photo lab quality from "4 x 6" up to "8.5 x 11"
- Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 Specifications
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds, Black: ESAT (Black) Approx. 8.4 ipm, Color: ESAT (Color) Approx. 4.8 ipm
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 1,152 / Black: 640 / Total: 1,792
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High-Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer Features: Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Fun Filter Effects, My Image Garden, Photo Printing, Quiet Mode
- Output Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets
- Copy Speed (up to): FCOT(Color) Approx. 30 seconds
- Copy Features: Borderless Copy, Fit-to-Page, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 20 Pages
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions: Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode, Push Scan
- Color Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: 8.5 x 11.7
- Other Features: 7-Segment LED Display, FINE Cartridge Hybrid Ink System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM10, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quiet Mode, FastFront, Quick Start
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Intel processor and Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7
- Standard Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Software Included: Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM PIXMA MG2220 Printer Driver Easy-WebPrint EX My Image Garden Quick Menu
- Dimension (W x D x H): 17.7W x 12.0D x 6.0H
- Weight: 11.7 lbs
Source : Canon USA