Canon MAXIFY MB5420 Review - The Canon MAXIFY MB5420 Wireless Small Office All-In-One Printer is designed to meet the needs of smaller businesses with up to nine users, by delivering high-quality, low-cost prints. It boasts a quick first printout time as fast as 6 seconds with fast print speeds up to 24 ipm (B&W)/15.5 ipm (Color) getting you the prints you need when you need them. Power through paperwork with single-pass duplex scanning which simultaneously scans both sides of two-sided documents, enabling fast multi-page copying and scanning. The Canon MB5420 is built for big jobs with a 500 sheet paper tray capacity, and a high page yield of 2500 B&W/1500 color prints when using XL ink tanks.
Always stay connected and informed with built-in standard Management Information Base (MIB) support, which allows you to easily manage the MAXIFY printers on your network. Built-in Wi-Fi networking makes it easy to connect and print from your computer and favorite mobile devices, and with the Canon PRINT app, you have the added features of being able to print from the cloud and scan directly to your mobile device. Best of all, the eco-friendly MB5420 printer is backed by 100% U.S.-based customer service & support.
Canon MAXIFY MB5420 Features
- Single Pass 2-Sided ADF: Save time with single pass duplex scanning and copying, by scanning both sides of 2-Sided documents simultaneously.
- Quick First Print: Be ready to print in as little as 6 seconds from power on with Quick First Print.
- High Page Yield: By using XL ink tanks MAXIFY printers feature a Low Cost per Print with a High Page Yield that can save you money by delivering a high volume of prints from one set of ink tanks.
- Fast Print Speeds: Spend less time waiting for your prints with a Canon MAXIFY printer, thanks to its fast printout times of 24.0 ipm (BW)/ 15.5 ipm (Color), and rapid multipage copying.
- AirPrint: With AirPrint, simply print right from you iPhone, iPad and Mac. No drivers needed.
- 500 Sheet Paper Capacity: Two paper cassettes provide a combined capacity of 500 sheets - or a full ream of paper, so you're ready for any job.
- DRHD: Print laser-sharp text that is highlighter and smudge resistant with the Dual-Resistant High Density (DRHD) Ink System.
- Duty Cycle: MAXIFY printers are built to last for all your small business needs, with a 30,000 page peak Monthly Duty Cycle.2
- MIB Support: Efficiently manage all your MAXIFY printers with built in standard Management Information Base (MIB) support, also easily monitor ink and paper levels and printer notifications remotely.
- Canon PRINT app: The Canon PRINT app has great features so you can scan, copy and print right from your favorite mobile devices.
- 3.5" Touch LCD: Intuitive touch-screen controls make it easy to navigate menus, printer settings and access cloud services.
- Auto power on/off: Auto Power off saves you money by automatically powering down the printer after a set period of inactivity, and conveniently powers back on when any print job is detected.
- Send to Network Folder: When keeping a paper copy is not necessary, you can choose to scan your digital files to network folders.
- US Based Support: To help serve your business better, all MAXIFY printers feature 100% US-based Service & Support, with a dedicated MAXIFY phone number, email and extended service hours.
Canon MAXIFY MB5420 Specifications
- Print Speed (up to): Black:FPOT (Black): 6 Seconds - ESAT (Black): 24.0 ipm, Color:FPOT (Color): 7 Seconds - ESAT (Color): 15.5 ipm
- Number of Nozzles: Pigment Black: 1,280 / Color: 3,072 / Total: 4,352
- Print Resolution (Up to): Up to 600 x 1200 dpi8
- Ink Compatibility: PGI-2200 Black - 29.1 ml (Std) / 70.9 ml (XL), PGI-2200 Cyan - 9.6 ml (Std) / 19.3 ml (XL), PGI-2200 Magenta - 9.6 ml (Std) / 19.3 ml (XL), PGI-2200 Yellow - 9.6 ml (Std) / 19.3 ml (XL), Up to 2,500 Black & White / 1,500 Color Pages when using XL ink tanks.
- Paper Sizes: 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper, Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster, Matte: Matte Photo Paper, Other: Business Card, Label Paper, U.S.#10 Envelopes
- Printer Features: AirPrint, Auto 2-Sided Printing, Advanced Auto Sheet Feeder, Canon PRINT app, Document Printing, Google Cloud Print, Microsoft Mobile Print, Mopria Device Printing, Quick Toolbox, Wireless Printing
- Output Tray Capacity: Upper Cassette: 250 Sheets Plain Paper (Letter or Legal) or 20 Sheets Photo Paper 4" x 6", Lower Cassette: 250 Sheets Plain Paper (Letter or Legal)
- Noise Level (Approx.): Approx. 56.0 dB(A)
- Copy Speed (up to): FCOT (Color): Approx. 11 Seconds
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400%
- Copy Features: Single Pass 2-Sided Copying, 2-on-1 Copy, 4-on-1 Copy, ID Card Copy, AE (Auto Exposure / Intensity) Copy, Collated Copy (ADF only), Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy (Flatbed), Preset Copy Ratios, Preview, Standard Copy, Zoom
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions: Optical:ADF & Flatbed: 1200 x 1200 dpi (Optical), Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated)
- Scanner Features: Single Pass 2-Sided Scanning, Push Scan, Scan to Memory (USB Flash Memory), Network Scan, Scan to Cloud, Scan to Concur, Scan to Email, Scan to Network Folder
- Color Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: Flatbed: 8.5" x 11" (Letter); ADF - 50 Sheet Capacity, ADF: 8.5" x 14" (Legal); ADF - 10 Sheet Capacity
- Modem Speed: 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 Color FAX)
- Transmission Speed (approx.): Black: Approx. 3 sec. per page, Color: Approx. 1 min. per page
- Memory Capacity: Approx. 250 Pages
- Speed Dialing: 100 Locations
- Fax Features: Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Dial Search, Double-Sided Printing (Fax Images), FAX to Network Folder, Extra Fine Mode, Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception
- Other Features: Custom Profiles, 3.5" Touch LCD, Folder Setting Utility, Single Pass 2-Sided ADF, Access Point Mode, High Page Yield, Job Reservation, Low Cost Per Page Printing, Quick First Print, MAXIFY Cloud Link15, Quiet Mode, Standard MIB Support, SNMP Support, Records of Use, Job Reservation, Remote UI, Setting Restrictions, Up to 30,000 Pages Duty Cycle4, Auto Power On, Schedule On/Off
- OS Compatibility: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2012, 2012 R218, Windows Server 2008, 2008 R218, Mac OS X v10.8 - 10.11, iOS, Android, Windows RT and Windows 10 Mobile
- Standard Interface: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Ethernet, USB Flash Memory, Hi-Speed USB
- Software Included: WINDOWS,18/MAC19, MAXIFY MB5420 Printer Driver, Master Setup, PosterArtist Lite(Windows Only), Scan Utility, My Printer (Windows Only), Network Tool, Speed Dial Utility
- Power Consumption (approx.): 27.0W Copying (0.9W Standby)
- Dimension (W x D x H): 18.1" (W) x 18.3" (D) x 13.9" (H)
- Weight: 28.4 lbs.
- Recommended Monthly Print Volume: 250 - 2,000 Pages per Month - Ideal for up to 9 users
Source : Canon USA