Canon PIXMA MX512 Review - Bring excellent quality, speed, and ease of use to your home office all in the name of increased productivity. This begins with built-in Wifi for printing and scanning virtually anywhere in your home from computers and compatible mobile devices. This also includes AirPrint, which lets you wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One.
An integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder, built-in Auto Duplex Printing, a Dual Function Panel, and FastFront are just some of the features that can allow you to easily multi-task while your Canon PIXMA MX512 is at work. This can bring office efficiency to all-new levels and reduce cost at the same time.
4800 x 1200 maximum color resolution and the FINE Cartridge System means superb business document printing and efficiency while built-in imaging technology ensures the integrity of originals are preserved with each copy and scan. Maintain security standards by utilizing features to prevent misdialed fax transmissions and keep scanned files password protected.
The MX512 also allows you to turn your office into a photo lab and print beautiful, borderless4 photo lab quality photos up to "8.5 x 11" in size. Your photo printing options also include Full HD video while you can enjoy computer-less printing through compatible direct print options. The Canon MX512 delivers the business imaging quality and versatile solutions that can assist you in bringing your business to the next level. So, you can print business documents when you need to add photos when you want to.
Canon PIXMA MX512 Features:
Speed and Quality
- Fantastic Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
- High-Performance Ink Cartridges: These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Pigment Black cartridge for crisp, professional text and one is a multi-color cartridge for pictures. Both are easy to use and replace.
- Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast Print a borderless, "4 x 6" photo in approximately 46 seconds.
- ChromaLife100: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
Ease Of Use
- Dual Function Panel: This streamlined control panel provides useful function buttons that transform into a keypad in fax mode for easier operation.
- Fully-Integrated, 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time. Enjoy full integration so the printer can better fit in tight workspaces.
- Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can reduce your paper consumption and cost by up to 50%.
- FastFront: This innovative design feature allows for even easier replacement of your Genuine Canon Ink and papers right from the front of the machine.
- Full HD Movie Print: Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints.
- 2.5" LCD: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just choose your picture and print!
- Auto Scan Mode: With one press of the Scan button your original is automatically recognized and saved in the correct format.
- Auto Document Fix: This built-in software automatically analyzes and corrects both text and image documents so text will remain clear and easy to read with pronounced edges, and pictures will keep their true color with highlights, shadows, and dots being smoothed out.
- Dual Color Gamut Technology: Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it time after time, copy after copy.
- Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds so full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
- Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
- Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
- AirPrint: Wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, Phone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There's no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, and print it.
- Built-in Ethernet: This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers able to share printer functions and display the printer's status at any moment.
- Super G3 Fax: The high-speed business fax9 standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 20 coded speed dials and up to 50 incoming pages.
- Mobile Printing: The free Easy-PhotoPrint app lets you wirelessly print and scan jpg and pdf files from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices.
- Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth: Print directly from compatible memory cards, USB Flash Drives, digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phones via PictBridge, or the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit - without a computer.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Canon PIXMA MX512 Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 46 seconds
- Print Speed (Approx): Black: ESAT: 9.7 ipm, Color: ESAT: 5.5 ipm
- Number of Nozzles: Black: 640, Color: 1,152 Total: 1,792
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Automatic Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets, ADF:30 Sheets
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High-Resolution Paper, Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper, Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
- Printer Features: Auto Document Feeder, Auto Photo Fix II, Auto Sheet Feeder, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Photo Printing, Template Print, Auto Duplex Printing
- Copy Speed (up to): sESAT: Color: 4.7 ipm
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400%
- Copy Features: Auto Document Fix, Copy, Borderless, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Intensity, Multiple Copy: 1-99 pages, Preset Copy Ratios, Sort (ADF), Zoom
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions: Optical: 1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi, ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode8, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory
- Color Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: Flatbed: 8x5x11.7, ADF: 8.5x14
- Modem Speed: 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX)
- Transmission Speed (approx.): Black: Approx. 3 sec per page, Color: Approx. 1 min per page
- Memory Capacity: Approx. 50 Pages10
- Speed Dialing: 20 Locations
- Fax Features: Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, F/T Changing(manual), Group Dialing, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception
- Media Card Support: SD Memory Card, SDHC MultiMediaCard (v4.1), MultiMediaCard Plus (v4.1), miniSD, Card miniSDHC, Card RS-MMC (v4.1), microSD Card, microSDHC Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro.
- Other Features: Wireless Printing, 2.5 LCD, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Ethernet, Full HD Movie Print, Fully-Integrated Auto Document Feeder, Mobile Printing, PictBridge, FastFront, Quick Start
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista, Windows Vista SP1/SP2, Windows XP SP2/SP3 32-bit, Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7
- Standard Interface: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, Card Slots (See Memory Card Support), PictBridge (Cable not included), Bluetooth v2.0 (Optional)
- Software Included: Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, Canon MX512 Printer Driver, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Easy-WebPrint EX, MP Navigator EX, Solution Menu.
- Dimension (W x D x H): 18.1 (W) x 15.2 (D) x 7.9 (H)
- Weight: 19.3 lbs
Source : Canon USA