Canon imageCLASS MF515dw Review - The 4-in-1, Canon imageCLASS MF515dw has print, scan, copy and fax capabilities so you can accomplish all necessary tasks with just one machine. With so many easy to use features, such as the intuitive 3.5 inch Color Touch LCD Display, various mobile solutions and security features, your daily workflow will be a breeze. The device also provides generous, diverse paper handling, limiting interruptions and keeping up with your fast paced business needs.
Your professional quality color documents are printed at speeds of up to 42 pages per minute1 in black and white with a quick first print time of 7.5 seconds or less. The machine features legal-sized platen glass for copying and scanning a variety of paper sizes. Eco friendly, all mode duplexing right out of the box allows you to save on paper and related costs. With ID Card Copy, you can easily create copies of identification cards or other small documents on a single page.
The Canon MF515dw has wireless connectivity, increasing your productivity and allowing you to print from almost anywhere in your home or office. The device also has built in Wi-Fi direct capability, enabling easy connection to mobile devices without a router. The Canon MF515dw is equipped with a variety of easy to use mobile capabilities for printing on the go using your compatible mobile device, such as Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print Service and Google Cloud Print. The Canon PRINT Business app allows users to print to and scan from the device to compatible iOS or Android devices.
Password protected Department ID Management helps business owners manage device usage for up to 300 IDs. Secure Print helps keep confidential documents safe. Using USB Direct Print, you can easily print from and scan to that USB in JPEG, TIFF and PDF formats. The user friendly intuitive 3.5-inch Touch LCD Display allows users to navigate through the menu seamlessly.
With the front-loading 500-sheet paper cassette, 50-sheet ADF, 50-sheet multipurpose tray, and additional optional 500-sheet paper cassette (PF-45), your paper handling requirements are covered5. You may use up to 2 of the optional 500-sheet cassettes simultaneously, providing a paper capacity of 1,600 sheets.
The Canon MF515dw uses only 1.4 watts or less of energy in wireless, Energy Saver Mode, helping you save money on energy costs. The Single Cartridge System combines the toner and drum into 1 unit, making replacement of cartridges simple. This machine uses Canon GENUINE Toner, Cartridge 324 Black and Cartridge 324II Black for higher volume printing.
Canon imageCLASS MF515dw Features
- Easily connect your mobile devices without a router using Wi-Fi Direct Connection.
- Print at speeds of up to 42 pages per minute, with your first print in your hands in 7.5 seconds or less.
- Print on-the-go with Canon PRINT Business, Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print Service and Google Cloud Print.
- Seamlessly navigate through all the features with the user-friendly 3.5 inch, Color Touch LCD Panel.
- Legal Sized platen glass accommodates your diverse printing, scanning and copying needs.
- Supports host-based UFR II, PCL6, and Adobe PostScript languages to provide printing versatility.
- Secure Print helps protect the privacy of your printed documents.
- Password protected Department ID feature monitors and controls device usage for up to 300 IDs.
- Easily print from, and scan to your USB flash drive using Direct Print in JPEG, TIFF and PDF formats.
- Eco-friendly, all mode, two-sided printing right out of the box saves paper and related cost.
- Generous, diverse and expandable paper capacity allows for up to 1,600 sheets.
- Low energy consumption; uses just 1.4 W or less in Energy Saver Mode.
Canon imageCLASS MF515dw Specifications
- Printer Type: Monochrome Laser
- Print Speed: Up to 42 ppm (1-sided plain paper letter) / 20.5 ppm (2-sided plain paper letter)
- First Print Time: 7.5 seconds or less (letter)
- Printer Language: UFR II (Host-based), PCL6 (5c, XL) / PS
- Print Resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi, 1200 x 1200 dpi Quality
- Maximum Print Size: Up to Legal (8.5 x 14 inches)
- Duplex Print: Yes
- Print Modes: Poster, Booklet, Watermark, Page Composer, Toner Saver
- Print Memory: 1 GB (Shared)
- Direct Print from USB: PDF/JPEG/TIFF formats
- Copy Type: Monochrome Laser
- Copy Speed: Up to 42 ppm (1-sided plain paper letter) / 20.5 ppm (2-sided plain paper letter)
- Copy Resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Original Type: Text/Photo, Text, Photo
- Halftones: 256 Levels
- Warm-up Time: 16 seconds or less from power on
- First Copy Time: 9.6 Seconds or Less (Letter)
- Recovery Time: 8 seconds or less
- Maximum Number of Copies: Up to 999 copies
- Reduction/Enlargement: 25-400% in 1% increments
- Copy Size: Platen: Up to 8.5 x 14, Feeder: 5.1 x 5.5 to 8.5 x 14 (legal size)
- Copy Features: Frame Erase, Memory Sort, 2 on 1, 4 on 1, ID Card Copy
- Modem Speed: Up to 33.6 Kbps (Super G3)
- Fax Resolution: Up to 406 x 391 dpi (ultra fine)
- Transmission Time: Approx. 3 seconds per page (ECM-JBIG, transmitting from the memory at 33.6 Kbps)
- Memory Capacity: Up to 512 sheets4a
- Speed Dials: 19 one-touch dials, Up to 262 coded dials
- Group Dialing: 199 destinations
- Sequential Broadcasting: 310 destinations
- Duplex Fax: Yes (sending)
- Receive Modes: FAX Only, Manual, Answering, Fax/Tel Auto Switch
- Fax Features: Fax Forwarding, Dual Access, Remote Reception, PC Fax (TX only), Fax Activity / Activity Result Reports, Fax Activity Management Reports, Distinctive Ring Pattern Detection, Error Correction Mode, Auto Redial
- Memory Backup: Yes
- Activity Reports: Fax Activity / Result Reports, Fax Activity Management Reports, pC Fax, Sending only
- Fax Forwarding: SMB, E-mail, FTP, iFax Simple
- Scan Type: Color Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Color Depth: 24-bit
- Scan Resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi (optical), 9600 x 9600 (software interpolated resolution)
- Scan Size: Platen / Feeder: Up to Legal
- Duplex Scan: Yes
- Compatibility: TWAIN, WIA 2.0
- Output File Formats: JPEG, TIFF, PDF, PDF(Compact), PDF (OCR)
- Scan Features: Push Scan, Pull Scan, Scan to USB
- Pull Scan: USB and Network
- Push Scan (Scan to pC): USB and Network
Paper Handling Specifications
- Standard Paper Source(s): 500-sheet cassette plus 100-sheet multipurpose tray
- Optional Paper Source(s): 500-sheet cassette5 (up to 2 cassettes) (PF-45)
- Cabinet Type - M1: 24 inches (W) x 25.5 inches (D) x 13.5 inches (H) (Recommended for use with 1 or 2 optional cassettes)
- Document Feeder: Duplex Auto Document Feeder 50-sheets
- Paper Output: 250 sheets (face down)
- Paper Weight: 16 to 32 lb. bond (plain paper, cassette / option), 16 to 53 lb. bond (plain paper, multipurpose tray)
- Media Sizes: Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5, Executive, Statement, Postcard and Index Card via Multipurpose Tray only: Media Types, Plain, Heavy, Recycled, Color, Label, Envelope
- Envelope Capacity: 10 (Multipurpose Tray)
- Envelope Types: Com 10, Monarch, DL, C5, Connectivity and Software Specifications
- Standard Interface(s): USB Device 2.0 High-Speed, 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet (Network), Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct Connection
- Dimensions: 17.9(W) x 18.8(D) x 19.9(H)
- Unit Weight (without/with cartridge): 50.8 lbs w/o cartridge, 53.6 w/ cartridge
- Package Weight: 66.2 lbs.
- Cartridge Type: Cartridge 324 (Yields approximately 6,000 pages), Cartridge 324II (Yields approximately 12,500 pages) Single Cartridge System, Yields based on ISO/IEC Standard
- Department Counter: Yes
- LCD Display: 3.5 Inch, Color Touch LCD
- Duty Cycle: Up to 100,000 pages per month
- Department ID Management: Yes, up to 300 ID's
- Security: IP/MAC address filtering, SNMPv3, IPSEC, HTTPS, IEEE802.1x, Department ID (up to 300), Secured Print
- Languages: English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean.
Source: Canon USA