Canon PIXMA MG6610 Review - The Canon PIXMA MG6610 is a remarkable Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One printer delivering great performance, versatility, and impressive quality. The MG6610 allows you to easily print both beautiful, borderless photos, as well as crisp documents up to "8.5 x 11" with 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi and 2pl technology. With a "3.0" LCD Touchscreen and built-in memory card slots, the Canon PIXMA MG6610 allows you to preview, edit and print your images right on the printer.
The Canon PIXMA MG6610 offers a variety of ways to make smartphone and tablet printing easy and convenient, and it starts with the PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) app. The PPS app allows you to print and scan photos or documents directly from your compatible mobile device. With the cloud printing function, you can print directly from select online cloud services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive, and more, either at the printer itself or from just about anywhere with your compatible mobile device using the free PPS app.
Also, with Google Cloud Print you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. For Apple mobile devices, the Canon PIXMA MG6610 is AirPrint compatible. And to truly complete the mobile device printing experience, the PIXMA Touch & Print feature lets users of select Android devices print a photo or document by simply opening PPS and touching your NFC compatible Android device to the printer.
Additional highlights include features such as built-in Auto 2-Sided Printing, which lets you automatically print on both sides of the paper, and My Image Garden software, which makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy. And Easy-PhotoPrint+ lets you easily print photos from any mobile device or PC with Internet access. Plus, the five individual ink tanks allow you to replace only the color ink that runs out. With its memory card feature, touch screen capability, and all the ways you can print, the Canon MG6610 is a model of printing versatility.
Canon PIXMA MG6610 Features:
Speed & Quality
- ChromaLife100+: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select Canon photo papers and selects Genuine Canon Inks for beautiful, borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
- Five Individual Ink Tank System: Get amazing color with five individual ink tanks and replace only the color that runs out.
- Print Documents and Web Pages Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 15.0 images per minute (ipm) for black and 9.7 images per minute (ipm) for color.
- Borderless Photos Fast: Print a beautiful, borderless "4 x 6" photo in approximately 44 seconds.
- Scan Resolution: Scans both business documents and photos with the maximum optical resolution of 1200 x 2400 dpi.
- Hybrid Ink System: A system that utilizes pigment black ink for crisp text and color dye ink for beautiful photos.
- Superb Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
Ease of Use
- 3.0" Touchscreen LCD: This beautiful display lets you easily view, select and edit your images for simple operation and computer-free printing.
- Auto 2-sided Print: Allows you to print on both sides of the paper automatically and can help reduce paper usage and cost by up to 50%.
- Auto Power On: This convenient feature automatically powers up the printer whenever you send a photo or document to be printed.
- My Image Garden: Software which lets you access, organize and personalize your favorite photos.
- Full HD Movie Print: Turn your favorite HD movie clips captured with select Canon EOS Digital SLRs or PowerShot digital cameras and VIXIA digital camcorders into beautiful prints.
- Quiet Mode: Lets you print quietly while not disturbing those around you.
- Built-in Wireless: Print and Scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer almost anywhere around the house.
- PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS): The PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) app easily lets you print and scan photos or documents from your compatible mobile device. With the cloud print function, you can print directly from select online cloud services either at the printer itself or with your mobile device using the free PPS app.
- AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch no drivers needed!
- PIXMA Touch & Print: Print a photo document by simply opening PPS and touching your NFC compatible Android device to the printer.
- Mobile Device Printing: Print and scan wirelessly right from your Windows RT device.
- Google Cloud Print: Print from wherever you are from applications you use every day.
- Memory Card: The memory card slots let you print photos directly no computer needed!
- Wireless PictBridge: Use your DPS over IP camera on the same wireless network as your printer to print your photos.
- Print from Email: Print a PDF or JPG just by emailing them to your internet connected printer.
Canon PIXMA MG6610 Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): 4" x 6" Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds, Black: ESAT: Approx. 15.0 ipm, Color: ESAT: Approx. 9.7 ipm
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 3,072 / Pigment Black: 1,024 / Total: 4,096
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Ink Compatibility: PGI-150 Pigment Black XL, CLI-151 Cyan XL, CLI-151 Magenta XL, CLI-151 Yellow XL, CLI-151 Black XL, PGI-150 Pigment Black, CLI-151 Cyan, CLI-151 Magenta, CLI-151 Yellow, CLI-151 Black
- Paper Sizes: A4, A5, B5, 4” x 6”, 5” x 7”, 8” x 10”, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelope
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High-Resolution Paper, Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Glossy, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster, Matte: Matte Photo Paper, Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope.
- Printer Features: AirPrint Auto 2-Sided Printing, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Easy PhotoPrint+,8 Full HD Movie Print, Special Filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, Mobile Device Printing, Photo Direct Printing (Memory Card), Photo Printing, Cloud Link Printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions, PIXMA Touch & Print (NFC), Print from Email, Red-Eye Correction, Image Cropping, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print, Wireless PictBridge, Wireless Printing.
- Output Tray Capacity: 100 Sheets Plain Paper -OR- 20 Sheets of 4"x6" Photo Paper
- Copy Speed (up to): FCOT(Color): Approx. 18 seconds
- Copy Features: 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions: Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode,20 Push Scan, Network Scan, Wireless Scanning
- Color Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: "8.5 x 11.7"
- Other Features3.0" Touch LCD, 5-Color Ink System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Rated EPEAT Silver, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quiet Mode, PIXMA Printing Solutions, QuickStart
- OS Compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Mac OS X v10.6.8 - 10.9, iOS, Android, Windows RT
- Standard Interface: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)14 Hi-Speed USB Card Slots PictBridge (Wireless LAN) NFC (PIXMA Touch & Print)
- Dimension (W x D x H): 18.0" (W) x 14.6" (D) x 5.9" (H)
- Weight: 14.0 lbs.
Source : Canon Latin America