Canon PIXMA MX522 Review - With the Canon PIXMA MX522 wireless printing is made easy from many different devices. The printer comes with built-in Wi-Fi for printing and scanning anywhere in your home from computers and compatible mobile devices. It also includes AirPrint which lets you wirelessly print from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices. An integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder, built-in Auto Duplex Printing, a Dual Function Panel and FastFront are just some of the features that can help increase efficiency in your home office.
4800 x 1200 maximum color resolution and the FINE Cartridge System means superb business docume nt printing and efficiency while built-in imaging technology insures the integrity of originals are preserved with each copy and scan.
The Canon PIXMA MX522 also allows you to turn your office into a photo lab. Print beautiful, borderless photo lab quality photos up to "8.5 x 11" in size. My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and more.
The Canon MX522 delivers the business imaging quality and printer solutions that can assist you in bringing your business to the next level. So you can print business documents when you need to and photos when you want to.
Canon PIXMA MX522 Features:
Speed and Quality
- Fantastic Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
- High Performance Ink Cartridges: These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Pigment Black cartridge for crisp, professional text and one is a multi-color cartridge for pictures. Both are easy to use and replace.
- Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast: Print a borderless, "4 x 6" photo in approximately 46 seconds.
- ChromaLife100: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
Easy Of Use
- My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more.
- Dual Function Panel: This streamlined control panel provides useful function buttons that transform into a keypad in fax mode for easier operation.
- Fully-Integrated, 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time. Enjoy full integration so the printer can better fit in tight workspaces.
- Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can reduce your paper consumption and cost by up to 50%.
- FastFront: This innovative design feature allows for even easier replacement of your Genuine Canon Ink and papers right from the front of the machine.
- Full HD Movie Print: Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR, PowerShot cameras, VIXIA camcorders into beautiful prints.
- "2.5" LCD: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just choose your picture and print!
- Auto Scan Mode: With one press of the Scan button your original is automatically recognized and saved in the correct format.
- Auto Document Fix: This built-in software automatically analyzes and corrects both text and image documents so text will remain clear and easy to read with pronounced edges, and pictures will keep their true color with highlights, shadows, and dots being smoothed out.
- Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds so full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
- Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
- Evernote: Quickly and easily scan your documents and papers from your printer or scanner. Evernote will make your documents searchable, so you can always find what you need at anytime, on any device.
- Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
- AirPrint: Wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, Phone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There's no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, and print it.
- Google Cloud Print: Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.
- Built-in Ethernet: This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers able to share printer functions and display the printer's status at any moment.
- Super G3 Fax: The high speed business fax10 standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 20 coded speed dials and up to 50 incoming pages.
- Mobile Device Printing: The free Easy-PhotoPrint app lets you wirelessly print and scan jpg and pdf files from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Canon PIXMA MX522 Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 46 seconds
- Print Speed (Approx): Black:ESAT: 9.7 ipm, Color:ESAT: 5.5 ipm
- Number of Nozzles: Black: 640, Color: 1,152 Total: 1,792
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Ink Compatibility: PG-240XXL XXL Black Ink, PG-240XL XL Black Ink, PG-240 Black Ink, CL-241XL XL Color Ink, CL-241 Color Ink
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Automatic Sheet Feeder; 100 Sheets
- ADF: 30 Sheets
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper;, Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Glossy: Photo Paper Plus, Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Matte: Matte Photo Paper, Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope Chlorine-free paper can be used.
- Printer Features: Auto Document Feeder, Auto Photo Fix II, Auto Sheet Feeder, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Photo Printing, Template Print, Auto Duplex Printing, Evernote.
- Copy Speed (up to): ESAT: Color: 4.7 ipm
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400%
- Copy Features: Auto Document Fix, Copy, Borderless, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Intensity, Multiple Copy: 1-99 pages, Preset Copy Ratios, Sort (ADF), Zoom.
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions: Optical: 1200x2400 dpi, Interpolated: 19,200x19,200 dpi, ADF: 600x600 dpi (Optical)
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory
- Color Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: Flatbed: 8.5 x 11.7, ADF: 8.5 x 14
- Modem Speed: 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX)10
- Transmission Speed (approx.): Black: Approx. 3 sec per page, Color: Approx. 1 min per page
- Memory Capacity: Approx. 50 Pages
- Speed Dialing: 19 Locations
- Fax Features: Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, F/T Changing(manual), Group Dialing, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception
- Other Features: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Wireless Printing, 2.5 LCD, Dual Function Panel, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Ethernet, Full HD Movie Print8, Fully Integrated ADF, Mobile Device Printing, Print Your Days, Quick Start, PIXMA Cloud Link
- OS Compatibility: Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OSX 10.6.8 - 10.9.x
- Standard Interface: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Ethernet USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, PictBridge (Wireless LAN)., Bluetooth v2.0 (Optional)
- Dimension (W x D x H): 18.1 (W) x 15.2 (D) x 7.9 (H)
- Weight: 19.0 lbs