Canon PIXMA MP280 Review - The Canon PIXMA MP280 is a price range all-in-one, part of the agency’s range launched in autumn 2010. It bears a first-rate similarity to the Canon MP495, tested multiple weeks lower back, however, is around 20 according to cent inexpensive, because it has no wireless networking stick by and is said to be slower.
It’s a modestly sized device, with a matt black lid to its scanner and a conventional paper path strolling out of a close to vertical, a hundred-sheet tray on the rear through to a horizontal one on the front, shaped by way of folding down the front cowl. The cowl automatically drops down, if you forget about to open it earlier than starting to print, and has a turn-above extension to completely support published files.
The manage panel has a shockingly wide variety of signs and buttons, though there’s no LCD panel to show menus or photo thumbnails. It doesn’t want the latter, as there’s no reminiscence card or USB pressure slot at the gadget, either. There’s a single-character LED display to pick up to 9 copies at a time and also the segments cycle round to reveal when the printer is busy.
Single LEDs are used to signify document jams and also reduced ink, and also there are others in favor of record kind and also size. At the front of the manipulate panel are six buttons for starting and canceling black as well as color print jobs, along with ones in favor of scan, settings as well as to suit a photograph to the page. This closing function is uncommon in a device at this expense.
At the back of the right-hand aspect, the panel is a single USB socket, which is the just information connection to the machine. Once you’ve established the software, that is quite painless out of the furnished CD, you plug in a USB cable as well as slot within the ink cartridges before you begin by means of the device. The cartridges are what Canon calls a hybrid device, in that the black cartridge supplies pigmented ink, for denser, faster-drying textual content web pages, while the tri-coloration cartridge uses dye inks for brighter colors in photos.
The speeds Canon PIXMA MP280: 8.4ppm for black and also 4.8ppm for color, are very near the equal specifications for the Canon PIXMA MP495, which might be 8.8ppm and 5ppm. In reality, they’re almost within the margin of variation in favor of maximum speed tests. In our assessments, the outcomes were even closer, though this color printer returning a rate of 5.5ppm for our 5-web page black record, growing to 5.8ppm at the 20-page model. The five-web page black text and also color pics check gave 2.4ppm, a color replica took 39 secs as well as a fifteen x 10cm photo on an A4 sheet completed in 1min 21secs.
These results are very just like those out of the Canon PIXMA MP495, via some being barely slower and others slightly quicker. To all intents and also purposes, the two machines show off the equal speeds. They are also comparable when it comes to print top quality. As we noted and when we reviewed the Canon PIXMA MP495, black text benefited out of the pigmented ink as well as that is of course still real here. Characters are nicely-formed, though there are a few signs of misregistered textual content, supplying a slightly wavy appearance to a few traces.
Colours are sturdy as well as vibrant, via few considerable registration concerns, even though there may be slight fuzziness to black text over coloration, indicating a few ink-run. Our photograph print gave a great photo, through herbal colors as well as easy gradations of color, but there has been some loss of element in dark areas. It’s nonetheless a quite excellent output for an all-in-one costing beneath £50.
The cartridges are available in capacities: 220 and also 244 web pages in favor of black and also coloration respectively in the standard cartridges, 401 and also 349 websites in the high-yield versions. We checked costs again, despite the fact that we’ve currently assessed them in favor of the PIXMA MP495 overview, yet the best we might find nevertheless gave page costs of four.3p for black and 8.9p in favor of color. The coloration cost is inside the equal variety as from different machines at this reduced access-level expense, although the black page expense is higher than out of some Brother and also Epson machines.
Canon PIXMA MP280 Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 43 seconds, Black: Approx. 8.4 ipm, Color: Approx. 4.8 ipm
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 1,152 / Black: 320 / Total: 1.472
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer Features: Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Photo Printing, Template Print
- Output Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets
- Copy Speed (up to): FCOT Color: Approx. 37 seconds
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400%
- Copy Features: Borderless, Fit-To-Page, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 99 Pages
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Max. Resolutions: Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi
- Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanning Mode: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Scanner Features: Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan
- Color Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: 8.5 x 11.7
- Other Features: 7 Segment LED, Auto Sheet Feeder, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quick Start, Self-Operating Output Tray
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Mac OS X v 10.4 to 10.6
- Standard Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Software Included: Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM MP280 Printer Driver Easy-PhotoPrint EX Easy Web-Print EX (Windows Only)4 Full HD Movie Print MP Navigator EX Solution Menu
- Dimension (W x D x H): 17.8 (W) x 13.2 (D) x 6.0 (H)
- Weight: 12.1
Source : Canon USA