Canon MAXIFY MB5150 Review - A fully featured printer, scanner, copier and fax designed for smaller offices that still need great mono and color print quality while being economical to run. Marker and friction-resistant DRHD Pigment inks produce strong blacks, deep colors and crisp text. The Canon MAXIFY MB5150 Series prints A4 at an ultra-fast 24 ppm in mono and 15.5 ppm in color, plus the first page out time (FPOT) is just 6 seconds, while single pass two-sided scanning means you can scan faster than ever.
From its low energy consumption of just 0.2kWh (TEC) to the individually replaceable color cartridges, the economy is a priority. Black cartridges provide an ISO yield of 2,500 pages and color cartridges 1,500 pages, letting your office work with fewer interruptions. The optional 4-colour multi pack offers even more cost-effective printing.
Printing, copying, scanning or faxing is simple, with the Canon MAXIFY MB5150 Series large 8.8 cm (3.5”) TFT color touchscreen and improved the user interface. In addition to its high-capacity 250-sheet feeder and 50-sheet automatic document feeder, the printer’s double-sided printing and support for a variety of paper sizes and types from A4 plain paper, to labels, envelopes, photo paper and even two-sided ID card copying make light work of common office print jobs.
Support for Google Cloud Print, Apple AirPrint (iOS), Mopria and the Canon PRINT app provide quick and simple printing and scanning from mobile devices. You can print from the cloud and even scan and save documents to popular cloud services, including Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, OneNote, OneDrive and Concur. Access Point mode means mobile device users can connect to the printer without a Wi-Fi network.
IP address filtering means only a select number of users can be given access, while SMTP email support allows secure scan-to-email. System administrators can quickly and easily configure the printer and restrict certain operations, such as scan-to-USB.
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) compatibility makes it easy to integrate the printer into an existing office network. The SNMP standard enables a range of maintenance monitoring functions, including ink levels, error status, and page count.
Canon MAXIFY MB5150 Specifications:
- Print Speed (approx.): 24.0 ipm mono A4, 15.5 ipm colour A4
- First Page Out Time (approx.): Mono: 6 sec (ready) / 10 sec (sleep), Colour: 7 sec (ready) / 12 sec (sleep)
- Print Technology: Inkjet, FINE print head
- Maximum Print Resolution: 600 x 1200 dpi
- Print Margins (min.): Top: 3mm, Bottom: 5mm, Left & Right: 3.4mm
- 2-Sided Printing: Automatic (A4, LTR plain paper)
- Scanner Type: Flatbed, ADF
- Scanner Technology: 2x CIS color scanner
- Scanner Resolution (Optical): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- 2-sided Scanning: Available (single pass)
- Scan Speed (ADF) Approx.: Duplex. 23 ipm Col, Duplex. 23 ipm B/W
- Maximum Document Size: Flatbed: A4, LTR (216x297mm) , ADF: A4, LTR, LGL
- Scanning Depth (Input / Output): Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit, Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit
- Scan Functions: Scan to email, Scan to network folder, Scan to Cloud, Scan to.
- Copy Speed (approx.): ADF colour: 11.5 ipm, ADF mono: 22.0 ipm
- Multiple Copy: Up to 99 pages
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25-400%, Fit to Page
- Copy quality settings: Standard, High
- Copy functions: Frame Erase, Collate, 2-on-1, 4-on-1
- Fax Type: Super G3 / Colour
- Fax Resolution: Mono: up to 300 x 300dpi, Colour: 200 x 200 dpi
- Fax Speed: Mono: approx. 3 sec. (33.6kbps), Colour: approx. 1 min. (33.6kbps)
- Fax Memory: Up to 250 pages
- Coded Speed Dialling: Max. 100 locations
- Group Dial: Max. 99 locations
INKS & YIELD
- Ink Type: Dual Resistant High-Density ink, 4 ink tanks (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- XL Inks: PGI-2500XL BK (2500 pages), PGI-2500XL C (1755 pages), PGI-2500XL M (1295 pages), PGI-2500XL Y (1520 pages), Colour ink tanks (CMY) average yield: 1500 pages.
- Paper Types: Plain Paper, Envelopes (DL, COM10, C5, Monarch), Canon High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), Canon Matte (MP-101), Canon Pro Luster (LU-101), Canon Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)
- Canon Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Canon Glossy Everyday Use (GP-501)
- Maximum Paper Input: Cassette: 250 sheets of plain paper
- Paper Sizes: Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, Photo paper: A4, LTR, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm, Custom sizes: Width 89-215.9 mm, Length 127-355.6 mm.
- Paper Weight: Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m², Canon photo paper up to 275 g/m²
- Wired Connections: Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100Mbps (auto switchable), USB flash memory port (A type)
- Wireless Connections: Wi-Fi IEEE802.11 b/g/n¹, Wireless LAN Frequency Band: 2.4GHz, Access Point Mode
- Applications Support Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, MAXIFY Cloud Link (from printer screen or smart device), Canon Print Service plug-in (Android), Mopria, Microsoft Mobile Print, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print.
Source: Canon UK