Canon PIXMA G1500 Review - Canon PIXMA G1500 is the compact printer with refillable ink tanks for incredible high-yield, low-cost Perfect for printing high-quality documents and photos at home or in the office, all at an incredibly low cost per page. Cost-effective to run, the Canon PIXMA G1500 refillable ink tanks deliver stunning high-yield performance: Colour: 7000 pages. Black: 6000 pages. What’s more, the intelligently designed ink bottles make refilling quick, easy and mess-free.
To test the image permanence of prints that are stored in an album, we use an accelerated testing method similar to how the image permanence of silver-halide photo papers are measured when stored in dark places. Print samples are printed with the optical density of 1.0 (each Bk, C, M,Y). The samples are kept in a certain environment of high temperature and 50% humidity.
The rate of the decrease in the optical density and rate of yellow discoloration are recorded. The recorded results are then converted to the length of time when print image is kept in an environment of 23℃/ 50％ humidity. 'The point where monochromatic/ reflective optical density shows loss of 30% (starting density of 1.0).
POWER CONSUMPTION Off: Approx. 0.4 W Standby (connected to PC via USB): Approx. 0.8 W Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 0.8 W Time to enter Standby mode: 2 minutes Copying: Approx. 12 W.
PAPER TYPES support for Plain Paper High Resolution Paper (HR-101N) Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201) Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101) Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201) Glossy Photo Paper ""Everyday Use"" (GP-501) Matte Photo Paper (MP-101) Envelope. Page Yield is the estimated value based on Canon individual test method using the ISO/IEC 24712 chart and continuous printing simulation with the replacement after initial setup.
Not everybody needs a multi function device, so we’ve created the PIXMA G1500. This model includes all the great benefits of the PIXMA G Series, and is an easy to use dedicated high yield printer that produces high quality prints. Improve the quality of your prints with our high quality pigment black ink, to aid you in creating stunningly sharp texts and colour dye inks for gorgeously vibrant images. Also allowing you to enjoy printing borderless 4 x 6” photos in approximately 60 seconds.
PIXMA G Series, has been built with design at its forefront, our front facing ink tanks are easy to replenish making it simple to track ink levels, ensuring that you’re never caught off guard. While our compact and sleek designs allows for full integration into a home/office environment.
We’ve worked to ensure that our printing system remains stable during high volume printing through enhancements in our FINE print head and technology which ensures air does not penetrate into the ink tube system.
We believe that everyone should be able to create beautiful prints, easily. Our integration of the software ‘My Image Garden’ makes it simple for you to organise, sort and edit photographs, so you can easily get the prints you need.
Canon PIXMA G1500 Specifications:
- Print Resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Print Technology: 2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Colour), Refillable ink tank printer with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size
- Mono Print Speed: Approx. 8.8 ipm
- Colour Print Speed: Approx. 5.0 ipm
- Photo Print Speed: Borderless 10x15cm : Approx. 60 seconds
- Borderless Printing: Yes (A4, Letter, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)
CARTRIDGES AND YIELDS
- Standard Ink Cartridges : GI-590 (PGBK), GI-590 (C), GI-590 (M), GI-590 (Y)
- Cartridge Yield (Plain paper): A4 colour documents printing Black: 6000 pages, Colour: 7000 pages
- Paper Types: Plain Paper , High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101) , Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201) , Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101) , Envelope
- Maximum Paper Input: Rear tray: Max. 100 sheets (plain paper)
- Paper Sizes: A4, A5, B5, 10x15cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Letter, Legal
- Paper Weight: Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m², Canon photo paper: up to 275 g/m²
- Weight: approx. 4.3 kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H): approx. 445 x 330 x 135 mm
- Acoustic Noise Levels: approx. 46.5dB(A)
- Operating Temperature: 5-35°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%RH (no dew condensation)
- Power Source: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption
- Off: Approx. 0.4 W, Standby (connected to PC via USB): Approx. 0.8 W, Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 0.8 W, Time to enter Standby mode: 2 minutes, Printing: Approx. 12 W.