Canon MAXIFY MB5480 Series Review - For efficient small office printing, without compromising on performance, quality or reliability Canon MAXIFY MB5480 Series is your ideal choice. With high quality, marker resistant inks, Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity and single pass two-sided scanning, you can print at high volumes, faster than ever before.
Dual Resistant High Density ink has been especially developed for business printing. This high quality ink gives you vivid colours, deep blacks and crisp text, without the worry of smudging. A large 8.8cm colour touchscreen provides easy access to all of Canon MAXIFY MB5480 Series functions.
In addition to a high-capacity 500 sheet feeder, 50 sheet automatic document feeder and double-sided printing, Canon MB5450 Series also supports a variety of paper sizes and types from A4 plain paper, to labels, envelopes, photo paper and even two-sided ID card copying taking the stress out of common office print jobs.
With Canon MAXIFY MB5480 Series, you can achieve superior printing quality, that doesn’t cost the earth to run. With low power consumption combined with ink yields providing 2,500 mono pages and 1,500 colour pages, there are now longer stretches between having to replace cartridges.
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) allows you to integrate your printer into your work place, making it easy to run as part of a busy office environment. Canon MAXIFY MB5480 Series does this by giving you the ability to track records of use, ink levels, error status and page counts of all the printers in your network. In addition to this you can also filter by IP addresses to restrict printing access and provide secure scan-to-email.
Canon MAXIFY MB5480 Specifications:
- Print Speed (approx.) : 24.0 ipm mono A4, 15.5 ipm colour A4
- First Page Out Time (approx.) : Mono: 6 sec (ready) / 10 sec (sleep), Colour: 7 sec (ready) / 12 sec (sleep)
- Print Technology : Inkjet, FINE print head
- Maximum Print Resolution : 600 x 1200 dpi
- Print Margins (min.) : Top: 3mm, Bottom: 5mm, Left & Right: 3.4mm
- 2-Sided Printing : Automatic (A4, LTR plain paper)
- Scanner Type : Flatbed, Single Pass 2-sided ADF
- Scanner Technology : 2x CIS colour scanner
- Scanner Resolution (Optical) : Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- 2-sided Scanning : Available (single pass)
- Scan Speed (ADF) Approx : Duplex. 23 ipm Col, Duplex. 23 ipm B/W
- Maximum Document Size : Flatbed: A4, LTR (216x297mm), ADF: A4, LTR, LGL
- Scanning Depth (Input / Output) : Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit, Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit
- Scan Functions : Scan to email, Scan to network folder, Scan to Cloud, Scan to USB
- Copy Speed (approx.) : ADF colour: 11.5 ipm, ADF mono: 22.0 ipm
- Multiple Copy : Up to 99 pages
- Reduction / Enlargement : 25-400%, Fit to Page
- Copy quality settings : Standard, High
- Double sided copying : 2-sided to 2-sided (Automatic)
- Copy functions : Frame Erase, Collate, 2-on-1, 4-on-1, 2-sided copy
- Fax Type : Super G3 / Colour
- Fax Resolution : Mono: up to 300 x 300dpi, Colour: 200 x 200 dpi
- Fax Speed : Mono: approx. 3 sec. (33.6kbps), Colour: approx. 1 min. (33.6kbps)¹
- Fax Memory : Up to 250 pages
- Coded Speed Dialling : Max. 100 locations
- Group Dial : Max. 99 locations
INKS & YIELD
- Ink Type : Dual Resistant High Density ink, 4 ink tanks (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- XL Inks : PGI-2500XL BK (2500 pages), PGI-2500XL C (1755 pages), PGI-2500XL M (1295 pages), PGI-2500XL Y (1520 pages), Colour ink tanks (CMY) average yield: 1500 pages
- Paper Types : Plain Paper, Envelopes (DL, COM10, C5, Monarch), Canon High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), Canon Matte (MP-101), Canon Pro Luster (LU-101), Canon Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Canon Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Canon Glossy Everyday Use (GP-501).
- Maximum Paper Input : Upper cassette: 250 sheets of plain paper, Lower cassette: 250 sheets of plain paper
- Paper Sizes : Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL , Photo paper: A4, LTR, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm, Custom sizes: Width 89-215.9 mm, Length 127-355.6 mm
- Paper Weight : Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m², Canon photo paper up to 275 g/m²