Canon CanoScan N1220U Review - The Canon CanoScan N1220U USB flatbed scanner is an impressive scanner. It's packed with power, fast, easy, and ultra slim. Standing just over 1 inch high, the Canon N1220U fits almost anywhere in a small office.
Even though it's slim, you can still scan bulky items because this remarkable and affordable scanner comes with a new expansion top, so you can scan books and magazines with no problems. Other scanner covers can become uneven because lifting them at an angle can be awkward, but the Canon N1220U exclusive Z-Lid expansion top opens vertically, so you can lay items down flat.
Housed in a metallic champagne finish, this high-tech scanner delivers outstanding 1,200 x 2,400 dpi scans and uses a single USB cable for power and connection. With the single push of a button, you get 42-bit scanning with color depth and brilliance of more than 4 trillion possible colors. And it is compatible with both Macintosh and PC. The Canon Canoscan N1220U weighs 3.3 pounds and measures 10.1 by 14.7 by 1.3 inches. It comes with a one-year limited warranty and the Canon Extended Service Plan.
Helpful and dependable, this Canon flatbed scanner is just right for making digitized records and meeting your scanning needs in many different settings. The Canon N1220U helps you to digitize the important documents in your life in sharp detail for long-term storage with its versatile functionality. Moreover, this flatbed scanner has a dependable computer connection, so you can link the scanner and keep your digitized files on a computer or another storage device of your choosing.
This Canon flatbed scanner features a versatile capability for scanning plain paper in color mode allowing you to effortlessly and rapidly acquire digitized files with crisp quality for preservation or processing. Conform to your work area with ease for better space management thanks to the practical shape included with the Canon N1220U.
Canon CanoScan N1220U Specifications:
- Scanner Type: Flatbed, color and monochrome.
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS).
- Light Source: 3 color RGB LED.
- Scanning Mode: Color: 42-bit internal/24-bit external; Grayscale: 14-bit internal/8-bit external; Black and White; Text enhanced.
- Max. Document Size: Letter(8.5 x 11.7 maximum).
- Interface: USB.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 10.1 x 14.7 x 1.3.
- Weight: 3.3lbs.
- OS Compatibility: Canon Plug-in Module CS-U for Mac OS (8.5 or later); ScanGear CS-U TWAIN for Windows 98 and Windows 2000 Professional.
- Software: ScanGear CS-U TWAIN driver, ScanGear Toolbox CS, Canon Plug-in Module CS-U, CanoScan Toolbox CS, ArcSoft OmniPage OCR and Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE.
- Power Source: Powered through USB port, no AC Adapter required.
- Max. Power Consumption: 2.5 W (12mW standby).
- Operating Temperature: 41° - 95° F.
- Storage Temperature: -40° - 140° F.
- Operating Humidity: 10% - 90% RH.
- Storage Humidity: 10% - 90% RH.