Canon PIXMA MP495 Review - This Printer is an indistinguishable cost from its antecedent, the Canon MP495, while now including remote association as standard. Be that as it may, it leaves a few things out of the condition, as well, having no memory card spaces or even a PictBridge connector, where the Canon MP495 had both. The Canon PIXMA MP495 should remain for Photo, however it's difficult to perceive how this across the board qualifies, given it's difficult to print photographs specifically from a camera. You'll need to load them into a Windows or Mac, to start with, and print them customarily from that point.
Group has swung far from its silver and dark shading and has rather gone for a polished dark look, which is shrewd however so natural to smirch that you'll most likely need to keep a fabric convenient. It's additionally a villain to photo, yet that is our issue.
The paper way is sufficiently traditional, with paper nourishing from a 100-sheet plate set up at the back, to a crease down yield plate at the front. The front plate pops open naturally in the event that you begin printing with it shut. On top of the machine is a straightforward flatbed scanner, with a top that lifts to oblige books and single sheets.
The control board is shockingly occupied for a minimal effort printer, with a seven-fragment LED show used to show the quantity of duplicates and additionally images for status conditions. There are likewise pointers for low ink, paper sticks and paper sort, which is selectable through a push-catch. Before all these are six catches to begin and stop sweep and duplicate occupations, to ring setup works and to naturally fit a print to the page, which is a strange component.
This is a twin-cartridge printer, with isolated dark and tri-shading cartridges. Group portrays it as a half breed framework, which basically implies that the dark ink is pigmented while the shading inks are colors. They both clasp into place once you've lifted the primary scanner area of the Canon MP495.
Remote establishment is more confounded than a few, as the setup program just alludes to USB or system associations and just says remote when you're a path down the system course. You need to utilize the remote setup link as a brief association and enter your WPA password at the PC, however the procedure is then quite programmed. The directions could be clearer for those new to printers this is, all things considered, a passage level machine.
Standard is sufficiently honest to cite ISO speeds, for this situation 8.8ppm for dark and 5ppm for shading. Indeed, even these more reasonable figures were hard to coordinate under test, however, fundamentally in light of the fact that the printer performed tests and readiness taking 15 seconds or so before beginning each print. This time would be prohibited from the ISO estimations.
Our five-page content report printed at 5.6ppm, yet this expanded to 6.9ppm on the more drawn out, 20-page test. The dark content and shading illustrations pages assumed control two minutes, however, giving a speed of only 2.4ppm. A solitary page duplicate finished in 41 seconds and a 15 x 10cm photograph on an A4 lustrous photograph sheet took 1min 24secs. Both these rates are sensible at a machine at this cost.
Print quality is for the most part great with clear, all around framed dark content and draft mode message as yet looking extremely serviceable. Shading illustrations are likewise perfect and splendid, giving alluring and eye-getting records. We had issues with missed enlistment in the shading examine we took, creating spiked stamps in ranges of strong shading. This was reproducible between duplicates however could have been an issue with this specific specimen.
The photograph print was perfect and hues were normal, however, bizarrely for Canon, a considerable measure of darker detail was lost. Since auditing the last Canon machine to utilize an indistinguishable cartridges from the Canon PIXMA MP495, it's astonishing to locate that consumable expenses have expanded somewhat. Around here, you ordinarily anticipate that costs will keep on dropping after some time, yet this doesn't generally apply to cartridges.
Utilizing the best costs we could discover on the Internet gives ISO page expenses of 4p for dark and 8.6p shading. These are like other Canon Pixma Series nothing back ones, even those costing significantly more. Contrasted and section level in with no reservations ones from different producers, these running expenses sit amidst the field.
What it truly comes down to is whether you esteem remote association more than memory card openings and PictBridge association for your camera. In the event that you once in a while print photographs then the Canon PIXMA MP495 still offers great incentive as a minimal effort printer, copier and scanner. In the event that you have to print pictures, however, it's more clumsy than its prompt forerunner.
Canon PIXMA MP495 Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to) : 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 41 seconds, Black: Approx. 8.8 ipm, Color: Approx. 5.0 ipm
- Number of Nozzles : Color: 1,152 / Black: 320 / Total: 1,472
- Picoliter Size (color) : 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to) : Color:4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:600 x 600 dpi
- Paper Sizes : 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Paper Compatibility : Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag"™; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer Features : Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Document Printing, Smartphone Photo Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Photo Printing
- Output Tray Capacity : Auto Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets
- Copy Speed (up to) : FCOT Color: Approx. 26 seconds
- Reduction / Enlargement : 25% - 400%
- Copy Features : 4 in 1 / 2 in 1, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Borderless, Continuous Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Intensity, Image Repeat, Manual Color Adjustment, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 20 Pages, Photo Reprint, Trimming Copy.
- Scanner Type : Flatbed
- Scanning Element : Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions : Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features : Auto Scan Mode5, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan
- Color Depth : 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size : 8.5 x 11.7
- Other Features : Wi-Fi LED, 7 Segment LED, Auto Sheet Feeder, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Self-Opening Paper Output Tray, Quick Start
- OS Compatibility : MS-Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Mac OS X v10.4-10.6
- Standard Interface : Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Hi-Speed USB
- Software Included : Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM PIXMA MP495 Printer Driver Easy-PhotoPrint EX Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows Only)6 Full HD Movie Print3 MP Navigator EX Solution Menu
- Dimension (W x D x H) : 17.8 W x 13.2D x 6.0 H
- Weight : 12.2 lbs